Monday, June 9, 2008

I Love To Read!!

Did you know that I taught myself how to read? In PRESCHOOL? I did! I also slept the WHOLE night through since Day 1 (I was a thumb sucker!), never took a pacifier, was the quickest in my family off the bottle, and was the quickest to be potty trained. BEAT THAT!

I decided to be a good little YW and actually apply one lesson that I struggle with to my daily life. That lesson is Time Management. I suck at it! So I sat down last Sunday (June 1) and planned out everything I was going to do over the next week. I wrote my schedule down, and just put tasks I have to take care of on the side. I only got done what was scheduled, except for reading an hour everyday. I read for more than an hour everyday!

But that also meant that I didn't practice my piano like I should have, didn't take care of any camp stuff, and did do another thing that I can't think of right now. So I'm taking this one step at a time: I scheduled time for piano practice.

And it's helping! I'm breaking my 2 hours down into one hour at a time, at specific times I've already set out, and during the hour break in between practice sessions, I've been cleaning my room! Today has been my most productive Summer Day! TIME MANAGEMENT ROCKS!!!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

wow! I'm actually terrible at time management too. I waste so so so much time. But I don't have the time to do anything about it. ha ha. I really should. I have to schedule a time to practice the piano. Sometimes it just doesn't get done. When I actually sit down everything works out great, but it's just getting myself to that point that's hard! I'm glad your day was productive!

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Haha I never practice piano. GUESS WHAT! I GOT EXCEPTED TO SOAR!!!!!! SAME WEEK AND EVERYTHING!

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

I KNOW!! If I can get myself to sit down, then I do it, but if not, it doesn't happen! YES!!!!! Chrisanne I'm so excited!!!!

ciara said...

Hi Stephanie!! Its Ciara.......your campin BUDDY.....or I should say, soon to be:) Im so glad you have a blog! I liked your post. Thats cool that you love to read. That is a very good thing to be doing. Knowledge is power!! I need to read more. I just have a hard time sitting still in one place.....Im always running around like a chicken! Anyways, Im so excited to get to know you better in young womens! You are so fun to be around and you always bring life to the party!!
I'll be seeing you soon!!!! ;)