Friday, August 13, 2010

Warning: Novel Ahead.

hey...

Listen.

Ok. So you had it. You were there. You know what I liked most about you? You totally knew who you were, and you were happy with yourself. You sincerely loved life. You still claim to love life, but... truthfully, it doesn't exactly seem to be the case right now. You were just a happy person, and that happiness seemed to radiate into the lives of those around you. You know what I'm talking about. girl. Where'd you go? I wish I still had your light in my life. It was nice.

You know what I think? I think that you just lost faith in yourself. Too many years of "I can't," and "I'm not good enough," that you thought you stashed away are resurfacing. Well, you're wrong. I know you don't believe it right now, but you are capable of doing anything. Everything! Seriously- you got heart, baby girl. But you've built this wall around yourself that tells you that all of your dreams are out of reach. Can I just tell you that that is like the biggest self-destruct button I've ever seen? Because you are one of the biggest dreamers I know! You should know that we weren't given the ability to dream without the ability to reach them.

You keep waiting around for someone to initiate the demolition process. I've noticed that you kinda tend to feel the need to have someone tell you the water's warm before you jump in. But you know what? No one else knows the wall's there. They can't see it because you hide it so well. And on top of that, what good would that do? Other people can't fight your battles for you. Not this kind. Nope, this is all you, dude.

Now don't get discouraged- you're never alone. You know who you have on your side. This is the part where you trust in Him. Remember the whole safe zone thing? It's only scary to fall because you don't know when the falls are going to come. They're unexpected- that's the point. But I can promise you that this is the only way you're going to reach those greater heights. So come back out of your "safe" zone. Remember that with every fall comes an opportunity to rise higher. And I know that when you do, you're going to end up higher than you were before, and you'll be stronger! Trust me on this one. :)

You've got this. You can do it! I have faith in you. I've seen you pull off amazing things before and you can do it again. It's your time to shine. :)

Just do it.

2 comments:

Brianna & Kyle said...

You Go Girl! Faith and Trust are key. If we didn't know what it was like to fall or fail, we wouldn't know how good it would feel when we succeed.

From the words of a cassette tape called "Star Child" from 1981 Ensign production:

"We've been called to stand in high places."

Agreed, just do it.

BreAnna said...

"Even though young life is always filled with uncertainties, young people, do not fear the future! Your young dreams can be realized." ~Boyd K Packer

You speak such truth!