Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jake Parker = awesome artist!

ok 1st of all:

BABY YOU'RE A FIIIIIIIIIIIREWORK!!

love that song. It's stuck in my head right now. :)

Second.

application to graphic design?

check.

How am I feeling?

terrified. anxious. nervous. excited. absolutely terrified. hopeful.

basically I'm holding my breath.

oh gosh. applying/auditioning for majors.

WORST. WAIT. EVER.

yes, worse than Christmas.

I love Christmas. :)

Here's my portfolio.

biggest disappointment... I have this AWESOME drawing that I'm working on, but I wasn't sure if it was going to get done. So I chose a backup just in case. ...this is the backup... I wish I had just left it out. It seemed good at the time. But oh well- it's done now. I'll post the real drawing when it's done. It would've helped me get in WAY more than this one will.

The head of the department liked this one.

And he LOVED this one. My mom loved it too. Enoch, if I get in, I'll buy you pizza. Well... I'll buy us both pizza. :)

I don't love this one, but some BFA students did. If I don't get in, this will be my downfall #2 (#1 being my first one).

Head of dept. liked this one too. I was rather a fan of it. :)

Remember this one? :)

and this one? :) Head and BFA students liked it. BFA student saw it and said, "BEAUTY." Let's hope my judges agree. Michael and Elise, this one was dedicated to you. :)

How about this one? :) The Head liked this one too.

BFA student liked it... possible downfall point #3. They want a variety of media. Don't worry, I'm still trying to be hopeful!

My latest 2D Design project. My best piece I've turned in for that class. ...actually, I just turned it in today... (it may have been due a few weeks ago...) But I got 9.5 out of 10 on the assignment! I had another collage to go with it, which also contributed to the 9.5. But that one may have been the reason for the half-point deduction. It was good, but my teacher LOVED this one! She even put it on the board today! Which is kind of a big deal in that class. ;) haha! And she talked about me to some girls in my class after she put it up! Totally made my day. :)

This. took. me. forever. The reason why my clincher drawing didn't get done. I had 8 hours to finish this and my drawing, and this took me 7.5 hours. 7.5 HOURS. I was hitting some creativity walls... but everyone applying to graphic design and illustration has to do this. Each square had a different line in it and we had to do something with it. I'm happy with it. :)

cross ya fingers. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

i hope you get in!!!!!
all of your stuff is so cool!
I'M ROOTIN' FOR YOU GURRRL.

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Girl, you were so meant of gd.