Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Less Than Satisfactory...

So last week got off to a great start! However, my stuffiness has only gotten worse… On Friday I felt pretty nauseous and I still couldn’t breathe through my nose, but I helped run a stake dance that night and of COURSE I went all out on the dance floor! …in spurts, with more songs sat out by the end than danced. I learned my lesson on Saturday when I woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus. I didn’t end up running my six-miler. Am I confident that I can run six miles? Yeah. Am I worried that I missed this first longer distance in my training? Slightly… But it is what it is, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t just doom myself. I’m still all in for this marathon, and am determined to not miss any more days. I’m forgetting about it and moving on!

So Saturday was a sick day, which actually turned out kinda nice. I’m dog sitting my brother’s dog while his family is out of town (she’s a rescue dog and has lots of insecurities), so I spent the day at his house watching movies, reading Harry Potter, making sure the dog didn’t pee in the house, and planning out how this week is going to go. I’m usually running around most days of the week from one thing to the next, so it was actually kind of nice to take a real day off. Sunday came and I didn’t feel much better, in fact, I felt worse. There was pressure in my head, and everything up there was pretty sensitive. Ugh. However, I woke up yesterday feeling a lot better (nose still malfunctioning, but it’s whatever), so I went on a little jaunt to get my legs moving, and then today I'll shoot for 3 and get back on schedule. Small snag, but I guess it's good that it's early on and I can adjust easily, right? :)

Today’s Run
·         Distance: 3 Miles
·         Course: Indoor track. Flat.

Leyyyyyyygo!

Life?
Life is good. :)

No comments: