Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Quick Update!

This one's going to be quick, because I've been super busy lately and I actually have to get to bed but I wanted to update the documentary!

Soooo... I got worse sick. But I'm better! I found a 16-week training program (which is pretty similar to the 18-week one I was originally following), and I'm confident I can run this marathon. Today I ran an easy 2.5 (well... there was a good little hill for the first mile, so it wasn't easy peasy lemon squeezy, but the distance wasn't bad. Plus, what goes up must come down when you're running in a circle). Tomorrow I'm going to run 2-3 miles, and then 4-6 on Saturday. I'm actually running fewer miles than the program suggests (just by a little bit), but that's because I'm bouncing back from being sick and I've been counseled by a trusted X-Time Marathoner not to over-train. Therefore, I'm playing catch-up... kinda. The most they have me running before the marathon is 20 miles, but if I just run 18 or 19... it's like the same, right?

I'm confident that I can do this! I want that marathon BAD! AND, when it's over (and I've recovered), I have a possible Ragnar, and a probable Ragnar Trail relay (on an ultimate team)!! AHHHHHHH MY HAPPY PLACE. :) :) :)

...well, one of the many. :)

life?
life is good. :)
also... there are no volleyball games for a month.
I'm going through withdrawals already.
but life is still good. :)

No comments: