Monday, February 9, 2015

...cause 99 mph is how fast that I like to go! :)

GUYSSSSS MARATHON TRAINING OFFICIALLY STARTS TODAY!!
K so I haven’t technically started yet, but I’m excited because I run my first little jaunt later today!!!

Here's my training schedule:

Dark Blue: BYU Men’s Volleyball Home Games
Border: Muh Birthday
(you can ignore that stuff, it was just for my info, but long story short, it was pretty complicated to take off and being honest here, I didn't want to go through the trouble.)

I’m following Hal Higdon’s Novice 1 marathon training program, but I’ve moved stuff just a smidge to fit my needs (such as running my long distance days on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays as my race is on a Saturday, and other small tweaks like such as, the Iraq).

SO. Here’s where we’re at:
Distance: Three miles today. Definitely doable.
Status: I’m getting over a cold-ish whatever thing, but it’s not bad. I just can’t breathe through my nose. Smallest possible cough. Hopefully going an easy 3 miles won’t prolong my stuffiness, because I was done with the leaky faucet nose as soon as it started. Other than that, no injuries to report, so I’m good to go!
Course: Flat for today.

I’ll probably still write about it after I run it but I’m just so excited that stuff’s getting real!!!

K I’m sometimes a music runner, sometimes not. But I’m pretty freakin pumped right now and today is going to be a music day to kick this all off! :)
Song of the Day: Shut Up and Dance (Walk the Moon)

Life?
Life is good. :)
the brother. ...and lizard.

2 comments:

Nauvoobelle said...

I'm training using the same schedule and I'm just starting as well!! What marathon are you doing? I'm training for my very first half-marathon- the Hobbler Half and I'm planning to do my first 10K the weekend you're doing your marathon. Are you doing the Utah Valley Marathon?

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

I've heard the Hobbler Half is really pretty!! I'm excited for you! And yep, I'm running the Utah Valley Marathon. It'll be fun! :)