Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The National Parks

Once upon a time I was in this class and I made a new friend named Caroline.

I like Caroline. She's super down to earth and kinda hippie in a Mormon way. Girl wore Chacos to class. #coolstatusright?

;)

So one day, I think I was looking for new music, and I can't remember exactly how I came to this, but I knew that Caroline listened to this band called The National Parks. Maybe I saw it on Spotify or something...? I honestly don't remember. But since I liked Caroline's style, I decided to give them a listen.

I'm always open to new music, searching for bands that just hit the spot for me. :)

I listened to a couple of their songs, and I liked them! But I quickly forgot about them.

Recently, I remembered this band and decided to give them another listen because I had remembered that I liked them. So I Spotify them again and started to fall in love with two of their songs. Their other songs are not bad by any means, I just tend to be slow with my feelings.

Heaven help my future husband... he is likely to have to wait in the friend zone for a while before I start to like him, let alone before we even DATE. 

BUTANYWAYS.

I soon learned to love As We Ran and Ghosts. I decided, "Yeah, I like this band."

So then today I'm on the Facebooks and I notice that my friend has commented on something about The National Parks and their song called Helsinki. I look a little closer and find out THEY'RE A UTAH-BASED BAND.

AND THEY'RE BYU GRADUATES.

WHAAAAAAAA???!?!?!?

It doesn't matter where they're from, I'd still like them either way, but this just made them so much cooler! And apparently, they were like 19 on some iTunes chart. BYU GRADS, GUYS. #ThatsMyAlmaMater :)

So cool, right?? Here are those two songs I love; give them a listen for yourself! :)

As We Ran

Ghosts


Life?
Life is good. :)

No comments: