I have several dreams, among which include having the ability to fly, galloping through landscapes on horseback, and having hair the length of my torso.
The first and the last will probably not happen in this life.
Also among the number of dreams I have is running a marathon, and I am DETERMINED to realize this one. My plan is to run my first marathon this year. In June, actually. I’ve selected a race and I’ve set my training plan up (thank you, Nike Running app). I will do this. This is a dream of mine. However, like all worth-while pursuits, I’m already facing an obstacle: I’m running alone. Training will be alone. Racing will be alone. Everything will be solitary.
Now maybe I’ll find some beautiful souls to accompany me on some of my training runs, and maybe I’ll even find someone to run this race with me. But for right now, since things are looking pretty lonely in the fulfilment of this dream, I’ve decided that I’m going to document this whole process. I need a support group. I know this blog has readers (even though I pretend that no one actually reads this), and so I have a favor to ask: If you do read any of my upcoming posts about training for my first marathon, and you feel so inclined to send some words of encouragement my way, will you please do so? It will help me more than you might think. J
I’m going to run this marathon! Let’s hope I don’t get some serious, debilitating injury or something because, well, that would suck.
Life?
Life is good. J
Also.
It’s almost Christmas!!! I love this video. My Savior, Jesus Christ, is one of my best friends, and I say that honestly. Invite Christ
into your Christmas this season, and into your life continually. J
into your Christmas this season, and into your life continually. J
1 comment:
You got this! If you ever need encouragement or to brag about a run, text me!
Post a Comment