Sunday, December 21, 2008

Be yourself. Plain and simple, just do it. If they don't like you, don't change- go find someone new. Because life gets pretty crazy when you're one person to your friends and another when no one can see you. What do you want most? Strive for it. Don't let others tell you what you want. Don't let them change your mind. YOU change it if YOU feel like it's right. Live your own life. Don't model it after someone else's. Because one day, they're going to be gone and you'll have nothing. You'll be all alone, and you won't know who you are.

Be your own person. Show yourself. Take off all of those layers of paint because they're making you look like crap anyway. You're in there somewhere, and you know it. Bring YOU out. Dig deeper, you'll find yourself. And when you do, others will gravitate to YOU. You'll be happy because you are yourself, and you know where you want your life to go. Get there. Don't let them stop you. Don't let the paint hold you back. You can do it. We all can. Sure it'll be hard. I'm telling you right now that the path to your dreams is probably one of the hardest you'll ever encounter. But He'll help you. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Learn to trust in the Lord and to keep your heart open. He'll always help you find the way. "...peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." You WILL mess up. Don't let your mistakes get in the way. Build from them. Turn your weaknesses into your strengths. Conquer every trial and come out on top.

But don't let the top get to your head. Don't be selfish- help others get to the top too. Serve others. It's not that hard to even give 5 minutes of your time to help make someone's burden lighter. You'll BOTH benefit. Also, be willing to receive help from those who serve you. Sometimes, you CAN'T do it by yourself. Don't become 100% dependent on others, but let them help you get through your trials. Let them lift you up. Let them serve God by serving you.

Sometimes, life seems too hard to handle. Don't give up. Never give up. It's not worth it. You know what your dreams are. I know you dream big. If they can do it, why can't you? Always hope. "Never surrender. Never allow despair to overcome your spirit. Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart," (Pres. Uchtdorf). It's ok. I know you can do it. I've seen you accomplish amazing things because you were determined to win. Just start with one small step. Perfect it. Then go to the next one and perfect it. Do so until your dreams are your realities. You can be happy, and you will be.

3 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

well said! that's what I needed to hear today - thanks

Kate said...

Good thoughts Stephanie! Great things to be reminded of. I always enjoy reading your blog. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Ericrazy said...

Steph... you're profound in that 'Look at me I'm righteous' sort of way ... and I love it!

^^

Did you write all that yourself? You're basically amazing if you did ;]

:]