Today I was sitting there,
feeling a little beat up.
wasted.
a bit worthless.
and then I had this thought:
I'm a FISO.
Do you know how cool that is?? Do you know what that means??
I'm a FISO!
In Samoan, the way you ask for someone's name is:
"O ai lou igoa?"
Directly translated, it means:
"Who your name?
or,
"Who is your name?"
Because your name is more than a word.
It's your family.
Your ancestors.
Where you're from.
Something along those lines.
And the 'o' in the word 'lou'
means that you are inseparably connected with your name.
Inseparably connected to what your name stands for.
So I'm a Fiso.
What does that mean?
It means that I am a part of one of the strongest forces I've ever known.
We strive for excellence.
We love those around us.
We don't just try,
we succeed.
We are united.
I am a Fiso.
I am strong.
I make an impact on the lives of those around me.
I put others before myself.
I know what's important
and I do what needs to be done.
I am a Fiso.
Inseparably and eternally connected to the ones I love most.
Lo'u 'aiga.
My family. :)
Now that was a cool moment when I realized all of this.
And now I've realized this:
that if being a Fiso means so much,
how cool is it
that I am also
a daughter of God?
Some food for thought.
Some food for thought.
:)
life?
life is good. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment