Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yo Ai Lo'u 'Aiga. :) (Spanish, Chinese, Samoan)

Dating.

dating is the worst.

Boys are dumb.

No, I'm not in a heartbroken state or anything like that. Truth be told, I actually don't like anyone right now. I'm not dating anyone. I haven't broken up with anyone recently. I don't have anyone interested in me. There's nothing going on in that area right now.
I'm just living and loving life!

But I have something to say.
To guys: MAN UP. ASK GIRLS ON DATES.

My dating life has consisted largely of either me asking guys on dates (girls-choice dances) and blind dates (set-ups). I AM DONE.

It is not my job to initiate my entire dating life.

Guess what happens.

I'm sitting in Relief Society and they announce that the Elders Quorum is doing a dating activity thing and they want all the girls who are available on October 11 to sign up so that the guys can pick a girl from the list and take her on a date.

I don't have anything against going on dates.
But I HATE the way this was set up.
Boys will NOT ask girls on dates, so the GIRLS are basically giving their PERMISSION for guys to ask them out!

We're saying YES to the date before they even ask us!

Initiator: girl. again. 

AND, if that's not aggravating enough:

There are more girls in our ward than guys.

Not all of the girls are going to be picked for this thing either!

So here you have this group of girls excited to go on a date with some guy in the ward, and what happens if nobody picks them? That's heartbreaking! Not for me though. If I hadn't been asked, I wouldn't feel too badly. I'm USED to that. I'd be fine. But not all girls are so immune. It's like not getting asked to Prom. It SUCKS to have that opportunity, ESPECIALLY for those to whom it never comes anyway, and then never get the chance to take it! What about those girls who have signed up that won't get dates? What does that do to them?

This whole thing was not thought out well, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

life is still good.
I wish I was in Disneyland right now with my family. I've been craving it for weeks.

No comments: