But yesterday was our anniversary!!
Once upon a time, on Friday, October 17, 2008, I was at Disneyland. I REALLY wanted to meet Captain Jack Sparrow. I am a pirate. So after my family ate lunch (and YUMMY funnel cake stuff with brownie chunks and chocolate syrup and powdered sugar!) my mom and I went to find him. He was supposed to be somewhere in New Orleans Square at about that time (it was 3:30 in the afternoon). So we walked over to find him (we were already in New Orleans Square eating lunch, so we didn't have to walk far).
Suddenly, the crowd starts parting as someone starts making his way through. I turn and look and BAM!!!! CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh!! OH my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!
I had waited since July 12, 2003 for this moment. (that's when I first saw the movie!)
I walked straight up to him, waited for him to sign some other people's books, then it was my turn! He sees me, with my 8-year-old autograph book outstretched. He starts to go to sign my book, but someone distracts him. See picture below.

So then once he signed their stuff and shooed them away, it was really my turn! Knowing that I was a fellow pirate he made sure that he gave me his undivided attention. First he signed my book. Then I asked him, "Can I get a picture with you?" And he said, "Sure, love! Where are we looking?" And we turned around to face my mom, who had my camera. We posed for the picture. My mom took one, but didn't know if she was successful. So we kept posing. And posing. For a good 2 minutes.
Turns out, my mom didn't really know how to work my camera. So she actually took TWO pictures! After the first minute, Jack started to flip my ponytail around. That's TOTALLY something Jack Sparrow would do! bahahahahaha!!! I loved it! Hence his hand my the back of my head:


3 comments:
:)
you're not a pirate darling.
they don't allow those people into BYU.
I'm the exception. ;)
ah i love you :)
Post a Comment